The Knot in the Verse
The Gash is a massive stretch of land traversing the western side of the continent, from the shore to the Risan Mountains. The Eloimer spent 99 years tearing it apart by casting horrific rituals, tearing up land and opening portals to other planes, destroying the lands of the native folk. From west to east, the nature of The Gash changes as such:
- The Western Shore: The land was obliterated through explosive ritual, turning it into a shorn and broken mess of froth and foam, sea and rock.
- The Everstorm: A neverending lightning storm rages, with frequent tornadoes ravaging the land. Its few habitants dwell underground.
- The Chokelands: A green yellow miasma leaks out of the ritual circles left by The Eloimer. Traversing without breathing masks results in painful death. The only creatures left are those vile enough to survive the toxins.
- The Lavascape: Sudden cliffs, volcanoes, crags and rifts make travel nigh impossible without heat resistance and climbing equipment.
- The Chaos: The Eloimer fully opened the gates to the Elemental Chaos instead of the limited rituals that led to The Everstorm and The Lavascape. Elemental lords, floating hunks of rock, glaciers, and of course the Genasi emerged. The Eloimer quickly escaped, and recommend travelers do the same.
- The Shadowfell Stretch: The darkness and terrors of the Shadowfell were released upon Berisole. Always dark as night.